Super Air Knife
Quiet, hard-hitting curtain of air for blowoff, cleaning, drying and cooling
The Super Air Knife offers a more efficient way to clean, dry or cool parts, webs or conveyors. It delivers a uniform sheet of laminar airflow across the entire length with hard-hitting force.
Noisy blowoffs become a whisper. Even at high pressures of 80 PSIG (5.5 BAR), the sound level is surprisingly quiet at 70 dBA for most applications. Amplification ratios (entrained air to compressed air) of 40:1 are produced. Meets OSHA maximum dead-ended pressure and noise requirements.
- Quiet - 70 dBA for most applications
- Minimal air consumption
- 40:1 air amplification
- Uniform airflow across entire length
- No moving parts
- Aluminum or 303 or 316 stainless steel
- Compressed air inlets on each end and bottom
- Compact, rugged, easy to install
- Recessed hardware for easy mounting
- Stock lengths to 48" (122cm) in aluminum and 42" (107cm) in stainless steel
- Special lengths available
- Unlimited system lengths of uninterrupted airflow
- Variable force and flow
- Maintenance free
Super Air Knife Specifications
- Part drying after wash
- Sheet cleaning in strip mills
- Conveyor cleaning
- Part or component cooling
- Web drying or cleaning
- Environmental separation
- Pre-paint blowoff
- Bag opening/fill operations
- Scrap removal on converting operations
The Super Air Knife is available in standard lengths of 3", 6", 12", 18", 24", 30", 36", 42" and 48" (8, 15, 30, 46, 61, 76, 91, 107 and 122cm) in aluminum and the same lengths up to 42" (107cm) in stainless steel. Any number of Super Air Knives may be installed across a given area.
The use of clean air is essential. Kits include an automatic drain filter with a 5 micron filter element that is sized properly for flow.
Materials of Construction:
The Super Air Knife is available in either aluminum or stainless steel.
The Super Air Knife can be supported by the compressed air pipe. Tapped holes (1/4-20) on the bottom are also provided.
A pressure regulator on the compressed air supply provides infinite control of flow, force and air consumption. Kits include a pressure regulator that is sized properly for flow.
The compressed air exhausts through a gap which is set with a shim positioned between the cap and the body of the Super Air Knife. Force and flow through the Super Air Knife may be easily increased by adding shims to open the gap.
Super Air Knife Kits include an Aluminum Super Air Knife, shim set, filter separator and pressure regulator.
Prices FOB OH